Name: Aqeel Camal
Location: Canberra, AUS
Do you work/volunteer for any organisations featured on TOWNHALL?
What’s your role within the above organisation?
Founder & Chief Empowerment Office
A bit about yourself:
I’m a 17 year-old designer, problem solver and community builder. I’ve got a tendency to be extremely optimistic about people and the world we live in.
- Founder & Chief Empowerment Officer – Futures Collective
- Content Strategist – Law Squared
- Committee Member – Young Australia 21
- National Exec Committee (Membership Engagement) – Youth Without Borders
- TEDxCanberra – AX Designer
- TEDxYouth@Canberra – Executive Producer
- Contributer – Outlet Mag
- Youth Ambassador – Fiftysix Creations
- Change Agent – Community Shapers
What’s your ‘why’?
I truly believe that everyone has value to add in this world, but the systems of education currently in place don’t help us realise that potential. There are so many issues out there to be solved, and so many people with great ideas who want to make a difference but are not empowered to act on them. I think that if we were able to help young people around the world reach their potential, we’d have generations growing up who interact mostly through kindness, empathy and compassion, while being empowered with the skills to make the world a better place. The thought of such a world is what drives me.
What skills do you have?
Event design & Management
Helping develop brand partnerships
- Arts & Culture
- Community Support
- Human Rights
- Women’s Health/Rights
Are you happy to be contacted for volunteer/work opportunities or collaborations?